This blog has been inspired by Todd. Although he did tell me that he was going to continue adding top 10 lists till he got to 100---I havent seen that yet Todd...better get on that.
Top 10 CD's that have and will withstand the test of time. This means that in MY opinion they dont really get old, and they are just that cd that I can listen to any time. Lets say I have an hour commute to work and I put my ipod on shuffle, songs on these cd's I probably wouldnt skip if im in most moods (there is always an exception)
OK i wrote this list last week, and since then its already changed, but i decided not to change the list. This is just a snap shot of what my top 10 looked like at that moment, since then i've considered adding other bands like the clash, the cure, the doors, eve 6, and a couple others.
10. Romeo and Juliet CD...ok so 1/3 the cd i never liked even way back when, but I must say this cd will probably always make me stop and listen.
9. Smashing Pumpkins--Mellon Collie and the Infinate Sadness. Who doesnt like a little bullets with butterfly wings? seriously? but also the rest of the double cd is equally as good.
8.Motley Crue--Red White and Crue...I'm kinda cheating here by picking thier best of cd...but why not? It has all the songs I like on it :) mainly Home sweet home and dr. feel good...but as lem and I found out the hard way, sometimes too much dr. feel good gets stuck in your head and NEVER goes away. I'm ok with that though.
7.The Shins--Wincing the night away. Thats right, I did it, I added a brand new cd. whatcha gonna do about it? Who knows, maybe I'll regret adding this in a couple months. But its MY list, so for now its in.
6.The Lemonheads--Its a Shame about Ray. I love this entire CD, plus the title is about me! But seriously, while I LOVE the rest of thier songs, this cd is the main reason i've seen them or just evan alone 7 times.
5. Beatles--Sgt. Pepper. This was a hard call b/c i pretty much like ALL thier cds, but I think this one is the one I'd pick to listen to when I'm bored.
4. Alkaline Trio--Good Mourning. I love alkaline trio, so this was another hard call, and I know people dont agree with me, but this one is my favorite. I think thier new cd Crimson is a close second though.
3.Foo Fighters-- In your Honnor. You knew I'd have the foo somewhere on there, and I think this cd will most certainly withstand the test of time. Every song on both CDs are amazing for ANY mood you are in.
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers-- Californacation. Again, another CD where every song is amazing. I do think this is rhcp's best cd. The flow of the CD start to end is perfect.
1.Green Day- Dookie. Ok you knew I had to pick this. Its an old favorite that I dont feel like de-throning. Plus it is one of those good "aww remember when that happened" cds.
So thats my list. or was my list. whatever, those are still good cds and I stand by that.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was thinking "Hey, alright! Rachel's out sticking up for Good Mourning. You tell those stubborn old-school alkaline fans how that cd really IS good..." And then you went and said Crimson is a close second... Wow. All credibility is now lost.
I'm actually thinking about taking it up to a thousand now - I'm currently waiting to hear back on various federal grants which will fund my listmaking. Fingers crossed.
The list is solid. MCIS is in my top 10 albums and Shame About Ray is probably top 15.
The only one I'm not that familiar with is Alkaline Trio... But I've heard (and like) "We've Had Enough".
Post a Comment