So I have not enjoyed any egg related product since I was really little...until recently that is.
A couple weeks ago mike made a breakfast of blueberry pancakes, hash browns, and scrambled eggs. I didn't expect to eat the eggs but there was plenty else to eat. Somehow he seasoned them so well and they smelled so good that I had to try them. To my surprise they were good!
Then a week or so down the line A bunch of us girls went to brunch at Laura's parent's house. Her mom made us a great brunch (bagels and lox of course), and her grandmother even helped by adding deviled eggs. Again they looked and smelled good so I figured what the heck I'll give that a try too. Also delish.
I might want to add that these two tastings have been in moderation since I was doubtful that I'd like them.
Well last night I decided to be brave and try making egg salad sandwich, so I went to the grocery store and bought "cage free" eggs, Organic Mayo (not as good as helmen's), and celery. While I was at the store I decided I better also buy a backup dinner incase this one didnt turn out so well. NEVER GO SHOPPING WHILE HUNGRY. anyway I ended up spending a grand total of 40 dollars on this meal.
It turns out I made it really well and fully enjoyed my egg salad sandwich. Unfortunately I spent the rest of the night on the couch watching tv (who wants to be the next pussycat doll since nothing else was on) thinking I was gonna puke. The good news is I didnt puke, and I'll probably give egg salad sandwiches another shot!
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Eggs are great. Egg Salad is nasty. Start getting/making omelettes for brunch. They are great.
Well the thing is that I think i like the three things I tried b/c they were so incredibly seasond that it doesnt taste like eggs...so i'm not sure if i'd like an omelette. My egg salad had A LOT of mayo in it.
I can make you the best egg salad in the world. And Levi makes the BEST scrambled eggs. It's how he won me me over.
Bagels and lox are fine, but you come to donut Sunday one time and you'll really know what's good.
Also - it looks really fancy over here. Nice new layout. : )
Donut Sunday is where it's at. Pummels scrambled eggs.
Post a Comment