Last night, after a brief stint at a capitol hill reception--I don't know something for trees--Leslie and I went to the black cat to see Army of Me and The Hard Tomorrows.
The hard tomorrows keep getting better which is cool. As they started to play I suddenly remembered that i had a friend that liked to listen to their music at..um..opportune times-so that was interesting. They sounded great, and the crowd REALLY got into it, especially this one really large guy. He was awesome to watch.
Army of Me came on next and after spending about a half hour adjusting the mic etc they finally came out. I was surprised that these adjustments made the lead vocals drowned out a bit more than usual. About 2/3 through they had a band meeting on stage and announced that the main guy's voice was having trouble and he was going to a doctor tomorrow but he'd play one more song for us, but if it was "DC" just to be warned that he couldn't hit the high notes tonight. We agreed and they played it. I love the way his voice sounds, and cant wait for their new CD in 2 weeks.
As for bad attempts--well, its 9 am and standing in the elevator lobby this morning some guy came up to me and said "I have a personal question for you. Coconut, or dark?" I said "dark" to which he handed me two dark chocolate Hershey's kisses and then added "I told you it was personal, I just wanted to Kiss you". Then when I got off the elevator he said "thank you, you made my day today".....I'm kinda hoping he isnt a new employee in this building because that could make for future awkwardness.
Lastly I have an interview today and I couldnt get the stamps off my hand from last night so he's gonna think thats weird. Luckily I'm the interviewer not the interviewee so he'll just have to deal.
OH one more last thing, my awful officemate has taken to talking to himself outloud in arabic as he walks by me...I secretly think he's swearing at me. So if any of you know arabic let me know and maybe you can translate for me.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That's not a bad attempt. That's really cute!
As for Coconut vs. Dark, I think Ted would also agree you made the right choice.
Post a Comment