Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Some fun book selections

I borrowed this survey from Will's Blog

1. One book that changed your life

The American Girls collection! (specifically the Samantha books) Sorry, this isn't one single book. But this collection of books singlehandedly got me interested in reading. It was probably the first chapter book I ever read alone. I use to stay up late after I was supposed to be sleeping just to read these books! Sometimes I have trouble getting through books, but in general I love to read, and if it hadn't been for this series who knows if I would have learned to love it so much.



2. One book that you’ve read more than once

I rarely read books more than once, In fact there were only three I could even think of and two were for class that I read it a second time (Othello and little women). So this is the easiest one of all. The Giver by Lois Lowry. Its a entertaining and emotional story about a Utopian society.






3. One book you would want on a desert island

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I picked this based on the same logic Will picked his answer for this question. I already know I love the story, but I just need a huge chunk of time and nothing else to do so I can finally sit down and read through it.




4. One book that made you laugh

The importance of being Earnest. I read this book in one sitting. and if you know me and my add, you know what a feat that is! But i seriously just couldn't put it down. All the confusion within the book had me laughing out loud. The movie which came out quite a few years after I read it was almost as entertaining.





5. One book that made you cry

Bridge to Terribithia. The reason I picked this out of the books that have made me cry, is that this is the first book that ever made me cry. I think I must have been in elementary school or middle school at the time, but up until this book I guess I had never been so involved with the characters and the story to really care what happened to them.






6. One book you wish had been written

My family history. I know that my dad has attempted to chart our family tree, but I dont know where that is. Other than that the generations of our family that knew all that information are slowly starting to dwindle or not have as sharp a memory. So if someone could write it down for me that would be great.

7. One book you wish had never been written

The sun also rises by earnest Hemingway! I believe I read this book either Jr. or Sr. year in high school and it was AWFUL...My teacher was so into it and I remember thinking how could ANYONE ever like this book! its sooo boring. Wait i think it might tie with "Survival in Auschwitz" by Primo Levi--that one had some good content, but was just so dry that I couldnt get through it.

8. One book you’re currently reading

Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs. See previous blog.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read

I have such a long list for this...but lets see the next book I'll probably read will Either Be "Money Ball" or "Bringing Down the House" to get ready for the baseball season or the eventual Vegas trip.

3 comments:

Charlotte : ) said...

Oh My GOD. I am with you 100% on Bridge to Terabithia and Samantha. My favorite Smantha book was absolutely "Samantha saves the Day" her summer adventure. When they went to Teardrop Island?!? I still have a Samantha Doll over at my mom's house. I can't wait to pass them down to my ladybug.

Rachel said...

I have my samantha doll too, as well as some changes of clothes for her and even the tea dress for me! You have to take your ladybug to the american girls store in NYC for tea! I havent gotten to go yet but it sounds like fun! My guess is that we both picked samantha b/c we both look like her :) isnt that how everyone picks thier dolls? Except my little sister who picked felicity and then wore the felicity costume to williamsburg.

Sarah said...

Bridge to Terabithia is so sad. I can't believe they are making a movie out of it. It seems so sad. I was a fan of Felicity.