Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New Orleans Part II

Clearly a group of 5 girls and one justin draws a lot of attention. Everywhere we went we got comments including some guy telling me my rack was "delicious". Also Justin wasnt too thrilled when bouncers pointed out how lucky he was to have "an entire basketball team's worth of cheerleaders" with him.

One group of guys in particular were pretty funny. The ring leader of that group had it bad for Patty and kept in touch throughout the weekend. I guess guys have their "thing" to snag girls, and this group sure had a creative one....air jump rope. Yes you read that right. Two of them pretended to swing the air rope double dutch style and then a third one jumped in and jumped rope. The second night when we saw them again they did it for us again but this time Patty and I jumped in. how could you resist that?

One guy was chatting with us and he made people lick his sweaty face (ew) and then had brittany and brianna kiss---but then he tried to convince brianna that he was 3rd string qb for the arizona cardinals. he said she could google it, but i dont know if i believe him.

since the jump rope one is a good attempt i'll now write about the bad attempt, sorry i haven't written up those in a while, i know you all miss that feature of my blog. Ok so i'm standing at bourbon cowboy watching one of the terrible girls that was hired to dance attempt to dance when this guy approaches me. He had been looking at me for a while so I wasn't surprised.
Him: "hey, are you afraid for everyone's safety?"
Me: "what?"
Him: "yeah, like are you afraid that something is going to collapse and people will get hurt?"
Me: "I mean I guess so, but I wasnt really concerned about it"
Him: "oh so you dont work on that building project down the street then do you"
Me: No
Him: "ok that makes sense that you arent concerned then. I work there and i'm in charge of making sure everything works and is safe"
Me: " are you an engineer"
Him: "yeah"

I pretty much told him I had to leave at this point. WTF. Why do the engineers seek me out! do I have a huge sign on my forehead that says Engineer?

two or three more posts to come about this weekend

1 comments:

LG said...

When you told me air jump rope, I did not realize it was double dutch. That makes it even sweeter.