One thing I was overly impressed by were the police. On every street corner of bourbon street were two or three police officers standing around. We'd walk by and they'd look us up and down and smile at us. On a couple of occasions we approached them and they were so friendly and nice. A couple let us take thier pictures with them. But as soon as anything went wrong they sprinted into action. We saw this first hand on two occasions.
First this really large girl was walking by us and BAM wipes out. Lauren and I run over to her to make sure she is ok and try to pick her up to no success. The rest of the group helps and by the time we get her up (she cant stand either) and sit her down by a wall the police are all over it asking her for her information. After we walked away the smallest girl in our group Lauren announced that she had just "saved the day"!
The next instance we were walking down the street and see this guy FLYING through the air. he lands and smacks his head so hard on the cement. By the time he's landed the police are grabbing him and slamming him to a wall (he's still fighting back) and they end up slamming his head through the window. Crazy.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I have a killer picture of me sexually assaulting a police officer on Bourbon Street. Because in my stupor, I somehow managed to read his badge and it said, "Huggins."
So I was like, "Oh! That must mean you like Huggin'!" and threw myself around his neck. But he's smiling pretty big, so I don't think he cared.
Post a Comment