Tuesday, February 27, 2007

why NYC would ultimately be the demise of me

I was having a hungover stay in bed and watch TV morning when a commercial for NYC came on and I came to the horrible realization that its probably best if i don't move there. There are two main problems 1. RENT 2. Mama Mia. I strongly believe that if i moved to NYC I'd spend EVERY night alternating between these two shows thus alienating all of my friends and draining my bank account. I would then have to begin going to matinees for financial reasons which would begin to interfere with my job and eventually I'd have to quit that leaving me with no source of income, but still spending my money on these shows. Now I'd be unemployed and broke and have to give up my apt. I could probably move in with my grandmother for a little bit, but one of us would get sick of that pretty soon forcing me to live on the street and beg for money to fund my rent/mama mia habit. winter would come and I'd die of hypothermia. And that in a nutshell is why i probably shouldn't move to NYC.

Also I've decided after listening to pinball wizard today (like i do every day) that what I want more than anything is for "Tommy" to return to the big stage!

Great night last night at the 930 club with Leslie Jessica Robbie and Joe to see Jack's Mannequin! I guess DC has its own financial drains...and going to so many concerts might be mine. But I'm ok with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama Mia is actually the number one cause of homelessness in NYC. Spitzer is looking into it. That being said, I need a new apt come June 1--can I move in with your grandmother?

Sarah said...

One day I shall see a show again...a show of any kind. *sigh*