Last night Leslie and I went to the Bruins Caps game because I don't like to miss any opportunity to see any Boston teams in any sport when they come to town. It kinda makes me feel at home.
We got to Section 113 and found ourselves surrounded by amusing people.
Next to us was an older single mother and her maybe 8 year old son. Die hard caps fans, and severely spoiled child.
In front of us were two guys about our age who were clearly bruins fans. Turns out one of them is from Needham (a town close to where I'm from, Newton)...Actually Matt if you read this his name is Pat and he knows you.
The boys kept cheering for Tiiiiiiim Thomas every time the caps tried to score, and announced things like "Tim Thomas has siding for arms", "Tim Thomas has bricks for shin pads" (i guess implying TT is built like a house and can stop anything)...It was almost Jack Bauer-esq.
The mom kept trying to hit on the boys which was kinda funny, especially when the boys invited us out to drinks after the game and not her. (to which we declined) And then when the game went into OT the little boy started cheering and giving high fives to getting to stay up past his bed time!
Lastly what I dont get is why noone appreciates Dippin Dots: Ice cream of the future! Its awesome. Independantly Leslie and each of the guys questioned me on it...asking if i was eatting stones or what. You people just dont understand, its awesome. And just wait till the future comes!
Bruins won in OT shoot out!
6 comments:
You know I am not a Bruins fan, but I think I might be a Tim Thomas fan-for-life now.
I can't decide if those guys were parodies of hockey fans or parodies of Boston sports fans in general. I'll go with the latter.
First off, I liek the bruins, but no over the caps. Tim Thomas is such an old school goalie, and of course Bruins fans love him, I mean he saved the team last year. Anyhow...dippin dots are garbage. If that is the ice cream of the future, then I want to live in the past. Honestly, you can't jsut color a food pastel's and expect people to like it, I'm pretty sure that Dippin Dots forgot the flavor end of things, hence why it is NOT MONEY
what was his name?
Rachel - Look, I don't know anything about sports. One time someone showed my a hockey stick and I tried to sweep my floor with it. And when the floor wouldn't get clean, I burst into tears and screamed at it for taunting me. But that's neither here nor there. What I *do* know that you are a GD genius. Because nothing is better than Dippin' Dots.
THANK YOU at least someone appreciates the awesomeness of dippin dots!!
and matt/mc his name was pat, thats all i know. he was your year at needham high.
Dippin' Dots rule because there's more surface area, so more flavor. But they've been around for like 15 years now, so are they really still the ice cream of the future?
Post a Comment