Friday, February 2, 2007

Vibe Test

Well, I've been running some more tests in the vibrations lab again...make all the jokes you want...Jeff's yesterday was "Okay, just one. Vibe testing can often be a very sticky situation. Now I'm done!"...nothing surprises me.

Anyway during lunch I let an older gentleman drive to lunch because I didnt think he'd like how messy my car was, imagine my surprise when he leads me to the largest pickup truck i've ever been in. He got in with ease while I had to scale the side of the truck to get in. I finally get in and he turns it on and I have to do everything I can to keep a straight face when I realize that we are listening to classical music in this monster truck of his. I dont know why that amused me so much, I think its just because it seems like quite the contrast. Then he gave me quite the tour of what the area use to look like in the 70's. He claims it use to be much nicer.

Also I always feel pretty out of place in the vibe lab, being the only girl in the lab all week (or longer). This was confirmed when one of the guys took my picture to put in the folder he has of the few girls that come through the lab...weird. Anyway this is like my 5th or so test and I've finally figured out the secret to not feeling out of place. Football. Basically I walked in and was like "how bout them bears?" and they were shocked for a second, and then continued talking football with me. This led to other discussions and at the end of the day we were all having fun joking around, and one guy even offered to lend me his music collection. THANK YOU FOOTBALL.

Both the Centrifuge tests and proof tests were running so all the doors I knew how to get to the lab from were now locked or blocked. It was pointed out to me that i could sneak in through the door behind the giant smoking liquid nitrogen tank. yeah, thats not sketchy. Luckily I havent had to use that door yet.

Just waiting for the lab to call me back over today....at least this set of testing will be over by the end of today. Also I've learned to like that lab b/c at least it gets me away from my TWO awful officemates.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Bears!

Check out this video my company produced (and I helped on):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqFf-0eROUA