Monday, April 21, 2008

Love That Dirty Water

As you know I got to go to a Red Sox game at Fenway park on sunday. We started off trailing by 5, but picked up and ended up winning! It was a lot of fun!

Some highlights in my mind were

1. Jacoby "the flash" Ellsburry and Julio "please get rid of him" Lugo had a simultaneous double steal. Jacoby 1st to 2nd and Julio 2nd to 3rd. I dont think i've seen a double steal before! I guess Julio isnt totally worthless all the time (just most of it)

2. Manny "dont mess with me" Ramirez Got ejected from the game almost immediately. I was suprised how casual it all went. Manny got a called 3rd strike (should have been a ball) he argued, ump ejected him and he calmly walked off.

3. David "big papi" Ortiz (i couldnt change that nickname) ran...a lot. He got himself a single and beat out the throw, and then ran from 1st to home to score a run! And he really got moving. Once the momentum was there you cant stop him!

4. Jed "where did i come from" Lowery scored TWO runs in his 5th major league game ever. I think he'll be a good edition to the team

HAPPY PATRIOTS DAY!!!!

0 comments: