Thursday, April 24, 2008

F-Comcast

I hate you comcast.

Here is the newest reason why in a rapidly growing list.

For my move I called about a week ahead and was able to schedule a technician to come out for the day I was taking off (yesterday) to come between 3-6.

6:00pm No Technician. I call 1-800-Comcast and ask where my guy is. I'm informed that he is running late and is still on his way, but they will have dispatch call me in a few min to give me an exact time. (remember i'm moving and have PLENTY of things out of the apt i need to be doing, but i wait anyway b/c i figure he cant be to long)

7:00pm No call from Dispatch, no technician. I call 1-800-Comcast. They tell me the same thing. I told them I already called and need to know if he is guaranteed to come tonight otherwise i'd do the other things i need to do. They Guarantee that he will in fact for sure come tonight. They also say specifically that Dispatch will call me within 15 min.

8:00pm No call from Dispatch, no technician. I call 1-800-Comcast. They tell me that the guy will not be coming. silence. We had a slight argument over the phone where i told them that was not an acceptable answer after making me wait 5 hours, and two phone calls. Maybe they could have told me this at 6 when I first called, or even at 7 when I called again. I found out that Dispatch had called Technician 635 3 times and got no response. and they are now coming sunday 6-9 and they are giving me a 20 dollar credit. Thats lame b/c my 5 hours wasted is worth way more than that. its almost an insult really.

The good news is that I saw verizon installing fios in my building and they said in about a month it would be ready!!!! GOOD BYE COMCAST, HELLO VERIZON!!!!

0 comments: