Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Screen on the Green

Last night a bunch of us went to screen on the green to see "all the kings men" (the 1949 version). First off I went into it thinking we were going to see "all the presidents men"...we weren't. Second, I guess i haven't seen that many movies from the 40's, but the acting was TERRIBLE. I guess thats normal for movies in the 40's.

The story itself was pretty good just about a politician becoming corrupt. I guess I'll go watch the remake of this movie some time, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Next week we are watching Casablanca at screen on the green so I'm kinda looking forward to it, but at the same time nervous that I'll dislike "the greatest movie ever made".

Ryan (intern here for the summer, but student at university of the arts and theater major) informs me that casablanca was the first movie to transition from the bad acting melodrama to realistic acting that we are use to today. So i'll Let you know what I think next week.

0 comments: