Friday, May 4, 2007

Slow Talkers Are The Worst Thing Ever!

seriously! i cant think of anything more frustrating than that! I know some of you who might read this are slow talkers, and you are my friends and I still like you, but sometimes it makes me want to SCREAM!

at 5:45 Thursday night I was staying at work a bit late and trying to leave to meet Tristan and Leslie for dinner when my slow talking co worker calls me up. Usually he works from home, but he has spent all week in my office getting on every last nerve of mine. He's finally gone back home, but manages to call in juuuuuuuust as i'm trying to finish stuff up to leave.

He is the worst type of slow talker b/c he is quite loquacious and also doesnt get questions. So if I ask "what color is the sky?" and its a day with not a single cloud in the sky he'd have no less than 10 follow up questions to verify that I did in fact want him to answer "the sky is blue"

So here I am, thursday evening at the end of my rope. Its been possibly my most stressful week ever and its just getting to me. So I started finishing his sentences for him trying to get to the chase...This tactic DOES NOT WORK. he'd say "the....sky....." and i'd jump in with "BLUE! THE SKY IS BLUE!" but that would just prompt him to start his sentence over and try again.

Can I just hang up the phone? is that rude? What if I just claim its a city wide power outage?

0 comments: