Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Very own Dr. [not so] McDreamy

Sat night I was on my apt floor elevator lobby with Leslie waiting to go down when we ran into my neighbor. He was wearing a emergency medicine t shirt and was one of those overly friendly people. He tried to get an invite to play twister with us that night, but when it was clear we weren't going to offer one he asked for my apt number and said he'd stop by to play some other time. What could I do? just say I don't remember where I live? He suggested we set up a twister league in DC, but he wouldn't quit his day job to work on twister...trying to get us to ask what he did, but we didn't ask. Before parting ways he told us that if we got hurt he had some morphine in his apartment that we could have. umm...thanks?

This story goes back a little farther than that. We met earlier this year when he moved a few doors down from me. He is always very chatty and quite the gentleman offering to hold doors for me, helps me take out the trash etc. I always ran into him at the pool too. Now the weird thing about all these run ins is that he was without fail always either wearing his med school shirt, some other medical related shirt, or his scrubs. Ok I get the hint, you are a doctor.

Well to make it even better I saw him in the garage about a week ago. I know I shouldn't be the one to make fun of vanity plates, but I'm gonna anyway. his plates read "dr dan".

I don't think I've ever met anyone so proud of their own profession.

as a side note, mike and will are good twister players, and I still think there has to be some amazing story behind why ted refused to play.

1 comments:

LG said...

Dr. Dan has perfect(ly translucent gray) teeth.

Could you twist over there and hit floor 5 for me?