Happy Birthday Andreea on this lovely 1...2....SEVEN? ( not so inside joke from at least a decade ago, sure makes me sound old doesn't it?)
Recently Leslie decided she didn't buy the ipod's "random" in "random shuffle". I tried to explain to her about random number generators, but then I felt like a big nerd. I have to admit the ipod's function is a bit less "random" than others, this morning's ride in was a good example. I think my ipod knew it was two-fer-tuesday and played me two sublime, two harvey danger, and two phish all in a row! I guess technically that's random in some way, but definitely kinda strange.
My thoughts about the ipod's random number generator is that it takes out the most common ones first because generally what plays on my shuffle are the lesser known songs...like for Harvey danger it didn't play flagpole sita, but instead private helicopter and wooly muffler (yeah, i realize I'm probably the only one in existence that still remembers Harvey danger's lesser known songs, but hey I even went to their concert back in the day)....so yeah those are my thoughts on the ipod.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
my playlist always plays the same songs bc it isnt random. it always has a # of a track and always goes from lets say #1 to #67 to # 111 to # 3. its a set thing. lame huh.
Post a Comment