iThis weekend was totally random and a lot of fun, I think i will have to break up the blogs though so it doesn't get too long, so look for the rest in following days (unless you get antsy then you can just see my photo website b/c i posted new pics). I'll start off with Friday night. (as most of you know I have a concert blog as well, but you've probably noticed I've started only blogging there about the important shows)
Leslie and I met up at "mexico Lauriol Plaza taco" with Tristan, mike, will, ted, and Joe. collectively we had some margs, some gin destroyers, some rum and coke, and some beer....oh i think there might have been food too.
Then Leslie Joe Will and I walked to the black cat to see some of Lets French, and all of These United States, and Washington Social Club. I've been wanting to see Lets French (who seemed really good from the 2 songs we saw) and These United States, and I love seeing WSC since Leslie introduced them to me when we started off being friends (yes, our friendship was built on music, but really, what good friendship isn't?)
These United States were nowhere as good as they are recorded. In fact they were almost comedic. At least Leslie and I found humor in their outfits...one of which included rain boots...read Leslie's blog to find out about that. (that being said I'll prob see them again)
WSC was awesome. One of the best times I've seen them. Totally got the crowd going, even at one point started a mosh pit! We only had one person in front of us so we had a pretty good view. I cant wait for their second cd.
Worth noting is this guy that was next to us. He tried to get Leslie to dance with him, briefly tried to get me to dance too but i hid behind Joe, so he fixed his target on Leslie. After we both refused to dance he got himself front and center and was the most ridiculous dancer EVER. Marty Royal even saw this and started laughing and then he started mimicking his hand motions. I haven't laughed that hard at a show ever. The kid just threw his body around and his arms up into the air, its almost indescribable except to say that he resembled Jack Black.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment