Monday, January 22, 2007

Bad attempts and strip clubs

And the winner for worst pickup attempt was.....

I was thinking about making this a weekly Monday feature in my blog, but most bad attempts are the same so I'll only post when they amuse me a lot.

Friday night I was at Lucky Bar and at one point I was sitting in a booth on one side by myself and katie was across from me while paul and laura and jessica were dancing (thanks for not saving me that time paul :( ) This guy comes and stands next to the table for a bit pretending to be on the phone. He sits down while on the fake call and hangs up. looks at me and goes for his wallet...instead of immediately going for his wallet he grabs my ass, I scoot over a little and he redirects his hand for his wallet. Pulls out a credit card and hands it to katie indicating she should order us all a round on him (he still has yet to say a word). Jessica returns at this point, figures out whats going on, hands the card back and tells him he shouldn't give his credit card to strangers. At this point he looks back to me and says (remember this is the first time he's spoken) "there is nothing more that I want then to make out with you right now"...Then he leans in for the kiss! Clearly i back away as much as you can do while cornered in a booth. He tries to lean in a few more times while awkwardly sitting next to me still neither of us talking to the other (i'm looking around for people to save me and trying to ignore him) he goes to run his fingers through my hair and pull my head in for one more attempt to kiss me...again i resist. He speaks again..."i'm persistent, i'm not going anywhere". "fine" i say, and continue to look away and ignore him. after about five awkward minutes of silence FINALLY HE GOES AWAY.

Also the most amusing part of the weekend was when we were at Camelot for chris' bday and ashley and I got up to give one girl $$ and a good portion of the guys started cheering for us instead of the totally naked girl. I dont think the girl minded though b/c after her performance she came over to me and ashley and told us we were very sweet.

2 comments:

LG said...

Will was trying to go to Camelot on Saturday night! Oh, now I wish he would have and you two would have run into each other there. That would have been HI-larious.

The whole night he kept asking "Where's R-Bone??"

Anonymous said...

my fingers are really dry, wtf i live in florda. i am moving back to boston next week, next time your home we are partying! remember when $ fell down the escaltor in dc when we came 2 visit. ha!!! he sounds like that make out dude.