Monday, August 24, 2009

The Usual Suspects

Since i range from one to two decades behind the movie curve I just saw the usual suspects last night for the first time.

I went into the movie knowing nothing except that just about everyone loves this movie.

For the first part of the movie I was confused. The whole time line was a little weird, but eventually I got it straightened out.

The movie was overall enjoyable, but i particularly liked the last scene when the detective sits back and looked at the bulletin board and figured it all out.

Also, the "twist" didnt shock me at all, infact I had come to that conclusion on my own about half way through the movie.

Anyway, I liked the movie.

4 comments:

joe said...

I think the usual suspects was one of the first movies with a twist ending. These days we almost expect a twist, but it was surprising back then.

LG said...

I saw the title of this entry, and was about to de-friend you if this was another movie-bashing post.

I still don't think you're enthusiastic enough about the awesomeness of this movie, but not enough to cut you out of my life.

Jim said...

I would agree with LG. We would not friends anymore if you bashed this movie. In fact, I might even quit to get away from your good movie hating.

But here is a waring, you are on Double Secret Probation!

Sarah said...

I even like this movie! It is good.