Peter made me watch caberet the other night believng i would love it based on the fact that i love many other musicals including mama mia, rent, sound of music, king and i, the list goes on.
I very much did NOT like caberet
1. Liza Minnelli is SO annoying. Her voice mainly. I understand that the character is supposed to be like that, but i just wanted her to shut up after like the first 20 minutes.
2. The songs suck. There is not a single song that I wanted to download later, which if you've seen my itunes playlist says a lot.
3. None of the other characters were likable. The one bisexual guy was mildly likable, but totally boring and lame.
4. The story was boring. I mean this is a pre ww2 berlin story, so much could have happened. none of which did. Maybe it would have been "original" if i watched it in 1972 when it first came out, but in 2009 it blows
5. the dancing to the songs was weird and creepy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment