Monday, August 10, 2009

News, Cheese, and Chocolate

This weekend I met up with Jessica and Robbie to go to the newseum for the first time. We ended up spending 3 hours there but definitely have more to see, plus the cafeteria looked good. The best exhibit in my opinion was a room with pull out drawers with old newspapers that highlighted the best headlines by year. It was well put together, and very interesting. There was even an entire newspaper devoted to divorces where they published who was getting divorced. That was in the early 1900's so they had less divorce than now, now i doubt it could all fit into one magazine!

I also went with Charlotte and Jessica to the melting pot for one cheese and two chocolate dishes. Peter was out of town and Levi and Robbie hate the melting pot (because they are totally crazy). It was a fun girls night and the melting pot is beyond awesome. I had never had any of the flavors we got and they are my new favorites, the cheddar one and the chocolate smores. mmmmmmm. I cant wait to go back :)

1 comments:

joe said...

Kate's has told me a few times about that newseum. I always think she's trying to say "the new museum" and respond "what new museum?"