If you've been reading my blog then you know by now that I rarely follow main stream movie appreciations. Infact i'm so far the other way that i get made fun of a lot. I think the most obvious example from previous blogs was when I didnt like casino royale.
Well This weekend Peter and I realized that FYE (remember that store) has super sales on used movies. We are talking like 2 bucks for decent movies. On top of that its buy two get one free. So we combined forces and got a few. Well peter got 3 and I got 1. He got Annie Hall, MI3, and War of The Worlds. I got Music and Lyrics. (annie hall wasnt part of the deal for those of you doing the math)
I've seen MI3 before, and refused to see war of the worlds, so we sat down to watch Annie Hall. I was pretty excited to see this because i've heard such good things about it. Well, I hated it. Normally I hate woody allan movies so I dont know why i thought this would be different, but both Woody and Diane's characters grated on my nerves. And it wasnt romantic at all! i was told it was one of the greatest romantic comedies every. WTF, can someone tell me how its romantic??? It kind of reminded me of other movies i've seen and hated, like when harry met sally, and the way we were.
Peter felt kinda bad for making me watch a movie i disliked, so he agreed to sit through music and lyrics with me. It was so cute!!! I mean i can see how it was a terrible movie and super cheezey and bad etc. But you get to the end and i'm sitting there with a huge smile going "awwwwwwwww" as Hugh is singing to Drew. Now THATS a romantic comedy. Take a hike woody allen!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've just added 2 things to my "Dead to Me" list:
1. Music & Lyrics (doesn't matter that I haven't seen it)
2. Rachel
The reason Annie Hall is so great is because it is NOT like a regular romantic comedy. It's about two people who clearly love each other but are too fucked up from their past in order to fully commit and be happy in the relationship.
Post a Comment