This was a pretty good weekend, but since i'm sure you are bored of hearing that i went to this bar, and got hit on by that guy etc I will focus on the most unusual part of the weekend. I walked TEN miles this weekend. I know, you are all shocked that I got out of my car and walked farther than to the metro stop. Of course it was broken up into three trips.
1. Saturday we went to Roosevelt island for a picknick lunch and a two or so mile walk. (this party i dont know exactly) It would have been 1.6 miles, but anytime we saw a sort of path that kinda looked walkable minus the log we had to climb over, peter thought it was a good idea to take that path. There was sooooooo much poison ivy that at one point we looked up and realized we were totally shaded by giant poison ivy leaves. Thank goodness I have no itches today. (pictures on my flickr site, but you have to ask for them)
2. After another fun night at the bars we decided it was a really nice night out and we'd attempt walking home and at some point we'd get in a cab and finnish the ride. Eventually, to my surprise, we made it all the way home! This one was 5 miles. I'll probably do that walk again sometimes, its a good way to get near the end of an evening.
3. Sunday morning we wanted to meet chris and annie for brunch, but annie was still sick so it was just us and chris. We walked to meet him at whitlows, but it wasnt over then, we continued on to the ballston mall to see stepbrothers without checking to make sure it was playing at that mall (it wasnt). that was 3 miles, we did NOT walk home.
Anyway I am going to try and walk more places now, its good for me, its good for the environment, and its fun. So we'll see what happens with that.
Happy Monday!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I like the refreshing change of topic for your blog. I like walking around, but Kate says I have to start running with her when she moves out here :(
Post a Comment