before i attempt this blog, i admit that i can in no way do this movie justice. It was AMAZING. Stop reading if you havent seen it yet because this will contain spoilers
Likes:
1. Christian Bale, as always, is a very suave batman. Leslie and i had a fight over who has liked him longer she argued that she has liked him since little women, but I won in saying I liked him since Newsies (two years earlier)
2.Heath Ledger was amazing. Hands down the best villain ever portrayed. And no, i promise his death has nothing to do with how i feel about this. He really got into the role whole heartedly and was perfect for the part. so dark and twisted. He got every mannerisms fantastically in character. and most of my favorite lines and scenes were his.
3. I loved the idea about the two sides to everything, and whether or not people are inherently evil or good, and whether or not you can make someone turn bad. I love that batman is such a strongly good person, and at the same time harvy dent was morally weak and corruptible. Kinda like Luke Skywalker vs Annakin Skywalker
4. Gary Oldman was the perfect Lt Gordon. Pretty different character than the one we are use to seeing him in
5. Everything. (except what i'm about to write below)
Dislikes:
1. Batman's voice. that has to be enhanced in the sound room yet batman wears no voice changer. I didnt like this in batman begins either.
2. Rachel Dawson, while she has a kick ass first name, she is a very weak character. Neither Katie nor Maggie did a good job which leads me to believe it was just the part not the actress.
3. Scarecrow. He was bad enough to devote an entire movie to capturing so why did they take care of him in less than 5 minutes without even trying hard or putting up much of a fight? I mean I don't want them to dedicate too much more time to him, but at least make it hard. Also when the inmates are all on the boat together it would have been cool if he were on board trying to cause some trouble.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I 100% agree with this review. Nice work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNaDZIrxh-0
Okay, you're SURE it's as good as this? I'm just not seeing it.
Post a Comment