Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jim Henson's Fantastic World

Leslie and I went to go see Jim Henson's Fantastic world at the Smithsonian's African Art Museum. Well technically its not in that museum, but they are all connected and we ended up exiting through that museum which I thought was funny.

The exhibit showed Jim's work as it progressed starting with his theater posters at the university of maryland, through his tv commercials, his lesser known movies, and on to his various muppet creations. They had his scratch work that you can tell he never intended to be put in museums because half of them had like coffee stains and stuff or doodles on the side.

one of the best images they had was the original concept sketch of mhana-mhana



I think my favorite creation from Jim Henson is the song The Rainbow connection. Its so simple and sweet.

Anway, go visit the exhibit, you wont regret it.

0 comments: