Thursday, March 6, 2008

Super Mario Galaxy

So for about a month now we've been playing super mario galaxy on the Wii. I try my best at each level, get frustrated, and hand over the controller and the level is beaten.

For any of you that dont have this game or a wii, its a two player game, and while the second player doesn't control mario, they play a very important role in holding off bad guys and collecting star bits. So When I play the second player I feel like I can take some amount of credit in beating the level.

There are 120 level exits each resulting in a star, and 120 stars beats the game. Or so I was told.

Well after 90 stars we were given the opportunity to play the final level. The first half of the level took a few tries, but the bad guy was beaten on the first try!

Roll Credits.

So we've beaten the game, saved the princess, and now returned to the original map to get the final 30 stars. There are two weird things about this, 1. all the characters still tell us to help save the princes...how did she get caught again? We totally saved her. 2. there are new levels that we couldn't access before, so i guess you have to beat the game twice in order to get all 120 stars.

Oh also, the end of the game tries to be all deep. You beat the bad guy, his star implodes and with it sucks in the rest of existance, but they explain that every time a star dies new stars are born carrying with it parts of everything before and then dumps you out in a higher resolution world that resembles earth. So this game is attempting to be both deep and scientifically accurate at the same time. interesting.

0 comments: