Monday, March 10, 2008

Do I look like the kind of person who cares?

So I watched Casino Royale this weekend. It was my first Bond movie ever. First off I think the guy that plays bond is a little lame and fake. I dont buy/like him at all. I mean the guy who PLAYS bond is super hot, I could go for him, but Bond...meh.

Second I knew that Bond drove some sweet Aston Martins etc and was looking forward to some great driving scenes. Besides literally driving around the corner, and one two second car wreck the only driving scene occurred in a Ford Mondeo. WTF

Third...where were the gadgets? The only gadgets he used were cell phones, tracking devices, and a defibrillator. LAME.

Fourth the story left a lot to be desired. I like movies where you are thinking the whole movie and trying to figure out the puzzle. With this movie you didnt really do that.

I probably wont ask to see any more bond movies, but i'd go along to another one and give it a second chance.

3 comments:

Jim said...

If Casino Royale is your first Bond movie, then you should see some of the older ones. While Daniel Craig is probably the best Bond yet(as far as acting/stunts go). The others are good with Moore and Connery leading the pack. Those are the movies that have all the gadgets and car scenes. Those would be the ones to watch. Casino Royale is the first book that Ian Flemming wrote using Bond as a character. So with this movie, I think they tried to make it more believable. See some of others and you will see how corny they are and the gadgets and cars that they have. I will send you a list of the others.

LG said...

Are you sure you were watching the right movie?

The car chase in Casino Royale broke the Guinness book of world records for the most rolls a stunt flip has ever done.

It also happens to be my favorite Bond movie ever (the others are very campy--and fun for what they are--but Casino Royale was bar far my favorite. I've seen it probably 10 times).

Also, he absolutely drives an Aston Martin in the movie. Where are you seeing this Ford car???

"A New Aston Martin DBS which is based off Aston’s Le Mans racer was finally revealed, it will be driven by Dainel Craig in the Casino Royale movie. This car is by far the most invested and design-sophisticated that has appeared in the James Bond movie series." http://www.dailybuzzer.com/bonds-casino-royale-car-2008-aston-martin-dbs

As you can see, I take great offense to your review.

J said...

Goldfinger is the best Bond movie. See that one. Connery at his best with a great villain. It's cheesy but awesome and defines "Bond movie"