Friday, April 13, 2007

velvet lounge and radio stations

Last night I went to Velvet Lounge with Margaret....and for all you winsor girls, yes Margaret from middle school! She and her UConn friends came out to see their friend's band Social hero who turned out to be really good. I like the main guy's voice a lot and will definitely see them again. There was one guy in the band that was in Foreigner. picture this: stone washed jeans, white t shirt, long gray aging rocker hair, bandana, neck scarf, sun glasses. He played a variety of accent instruments including what looked like the spoons. He added backup vocals including cat calls, and when need be he acted out parts of the song. I'm also pretty sure he was on something b/c there were periods of time he just stood there spacing out.

word on the street is that foreigner and styx are touring together this summer...if you are a regular blog reader of mine you'd know that i'm a big styx fan and will most certainly be at that show!

I'm exhausted today b/c I intended to go to bed at a decent hour after the show...but someone didnt let that happen! its alright though.

Lastly...Alright so it took me a few days to notice, but after scanning through the station for almost 5 days in a row I finally started to wonder why it NEVER has music I want to listen to. I finally stayed on the station for a full song, not once, but twice. Well it turns out 104.1 which you might recall turned from z104.1 to something else to george 104.1 a few months ago HAS CHANGED FORMAT AGAIN. This time it is now "inspirational music" my first tip off was that all the songs were about Jesus, the second was the radio announcer who said the name of the station. Awesome, so now I have to reset that radio button again.

0 comments: