As almost everyone knows I've wanted an herb garden for a long time now. I think this spring/summer will be my summer of the garden.
I began a little over a week ago by buying some dill and spearmint. I repotted both in some super cute pots and put them in my kitchen and watered them every day...What I didnt do was put it in direct (or any) sunlight. This was because there really is no spot in my Apt that gets direct sunlight and I was afraid I'd forget to water it if it were on my balcony. Well The plants started majorly wilting, so Last night I put them out on my balcony.
I also bought these little grow your own spices kits, they come with dirt pellets which are just about the coolest things ever, you add water and the dirt explodes. Then you add the seeds, seal them in the "green house" and put them in sunlight. So now I have a grand total of 15 plants attempting to grow on my balcony.
I am going to continue to buy any other herb kits I might find in attempts of making something work.
Things currently growing on my Balcony
Marjoram, Chives, Dill, Spearmint, mint, basil, camomile...and a couple other things that I cant remember right now.
Wish me and my garden luck!
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment