Last night (thank to Lem again) peter and i went to the last wizards home game. It was almost an exciting game except with seconds left the wizards lost their lead and never regained it :( In other words, as soon as antwan jamison was injured and went back to the locker room, the team fell apart.
My big surprise came in the first quarter when I wasnt really paying attention to the raptors and i hear over the loudspeaker "basket by mensah-bonsu". WHAT? How did I not know Pops was playing for the raptors! how exciting! For those of you that dont know what i'm talking about, for four glorious years, I watched exciting game after exciting game at GW. This of course was thanks to star player Pops Mensah Bonsu. I immediately texted laurie out of excitement. She already knew. THEN on the jumbo tron they show wolf blitzer watching the game from the stands! Did I somehow time travel back to 2003 at the smith center?
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
If I'm right... Pops was brought up by the Mavricks in Feb. from the D league, played a number of games (and did really well), then let go. He was picked up by the Raptors after that. Lets hope he stays in the league so I can see him play the Twolves.
Post a Comment