Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympics again

Did any of you watch the Olympics last night? 1st Gymnastics is fun, but I really wanted the girls to beat china :( How old were those Chinese girls? They couldn't have been any older than 10. You could tell my the over use of sparkles and all the barrettes in their hair.

Also Michael Phelps is ridiculous! We watched it all, but the relay was just out of control. He gave the team such a start that they were like half a length ahead of anyone else the entire time. How can one athlete dominate a sport so much. Its just incredible to me.

Lastly I was looking on yahoo's olympic medal count page and it says "Official languages: (None)" Um, isnt English the official language? Well I double checked with wikipedia and it turns out they are right, we have no official language. So I guess people who criticize the non english speakers in this country dont have a whole lot to stand on on that front. who knew! Sure makes things more confusing though. I fell like they should work on making an official language.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Michael Phelps is not a man. He is a machine. It is unbelievable to me, even now, that he won so many medals and hopes to exceed his own records again in 2012.

I also feel Nastia Luikin was robbed a little bit... We probably would have gotten the team gold if not for Alicia Sacramone (who I felt bad for). Oh well!