Friday, August 22, 2008

Flags of Our Fathers

Last night we watched flags of our fathers. A while ago i had seen letters from iwo jima and I had wanted to see the other half.

It was pretty good. The war scenes were hard to watch, and it was really depressing because you didnt have any strong war hero glorifying war. Instead you have these likeable men who dont want to be there, and dont want to be heros and are just forced to see the atrocity that is war. And the ones that die are the lucky ones because they dont have to live thier whole lives with this memory, and guilt.

I got really emotional watching this movie because i felt terrible for past and present soldiers having these horrible experiences. War sucks :(

1 comments:

LG said...

Flags of our Fathers was pretty good. I liked Letters to Iwo Jima better, though. Did you notice the parts where the stories overlapped? I thought that was pretty cool.