So this weekend peter and I went different ways, he played a tournament in Siberia (wisconsin) and I headed to the Big Apple.
I'll split the post into 2 posts way too much happened over the weekend to write about everything.
First off I'd like to say that I am the greatest wing girl in the history of wing girls. I successfully helped TWO of my friends simultaneously on two separate floors of the bar!
Friday night we went to chelsea to meet up with some of my highschool friends. (emily, melissa, andreea and andreea's bf scott) Jlau and Geller came out too. It amused me greatly that we were in the meat packing district. Anyway at 1 am Leslie and I went to the rooftop to call tristan to wish her a happy birthday (since she was currently in central time so midnight to her). I dialed and it began ringing....before her voicemail came on two charming australian guys swooped in. I think my voicemail to tristan went something like "happy birthday, this is rachel, leslie would have said happy birthday too, but she's busy talking to a hot guy". Since they sounded like new zelanders I dubbed them Brett and Jermaine.
Anyway while i was wing girling and giving leslie space I pretended to text someone on my iphone when this guy came up to me with the bad attempt of the week
Guy: can I ask you a favor? can you show me your iphone artists a thru c?
Me: sure, but i havent fully uploaded all my songs yet since the phone is new
Guy: ok well A-C is lame what else do you have (scrolls through) Oooh Frank Sinatra?
Me: oh yeah, as time goes by, i'm on a casablanca kick since i recently saw it for the first time
Guy: Was it with your boyfriend
me: yeah
Guy: so this conversation is pretty much over isnt it?
Me: yeah
The bar closed and the Aussie guys put us in a limo and sent us home.
We got home and Leslie's roommate Laura gave us an impromptu concert at 4 am. She was soooo good. She gave me her demo cd and i'm totally obsessed with it. I cant wait for the full one to come out.
more tomorrow...
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment