Friday, January 18, 2008

Snowy Days making me homesick

Well today is the first day all year where snow has stuck overnight. At my dulles office we even got half a foot of snow, but returning to greenbelt today i see less than an inch.

I miss snow that you can play in and build snow men, forts, snowball fights, sledding...basically snow that isnt so thin that you can see all the dirt and grass. This snow just looks dirty and just gets annoying. Its never enough snow to get a snow day. I was talking to laurie in minisota, and they even get COLD days if its too cold to go outside. Here in the comfortably middle level range weather the only reason in my almost decade of living down here that i've gotten anything cancelled was if it had previously snowed and the dc area hadnt figured out how to plow out for one reason or another, and it was just the lingering effects of the snow that got us out of school. Lame.

Its alright though because I'm not so great with cold weather anyway...I've lost my boston warmth keeping me warm on the coldest of days...or simply not caring :)

0 comments: