Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Belga Cafe

So I thought i'd start throwing some restaurant reviews in here on occasion because I seem to go to some pretty awesome places.

Last night I got taken to Belga Cafe down on 8th street SE. I've been to that area many times and never noticed this place before.

Its a Belgium themed restaurant. At first glance the menu had a lot of meat on it. There was even a section of the menu that was entirely devoted to muscles. This I was amused by because when I went to Belgium, everyone I was with had muscles at literally every meal possible because I guess they were extraordinarily good there, but I figured it was just the town we were in and not the whole country...I guess its their thing.

Lucky for me there was a veggie section and I got an awesome pasta dish that was flavored so well! Also as an appetizer we got the cheese plate which we devoured. And for dessert was a flour less chocolate cake with a lemon thyme ice cream.

I'm getting hungry again thinking about it! It looks like they have a pretty cool brunch too so hopefully i'll go back :)


http://www.belgacafe.com/

1 comments:

LG said...

Um...Mussels??