Melissa and Brian were in town this weekend so we played tourist for most of the weekend. Here are some random things i noticed
1. VA bars no longer allow smoking! yay! I guess i had heard about it, but we went to four courts friday night and so happy to see the pack of smokers outside as we approached the bar! Now if only they could do something about their crappy live music.
2. I miss lauriol plaza, we tried to go but of course the wait was too long and went to rosemary's thyme (and had an awesome dinner). But sometime soon i'm gonna need to go super early and get a table at lauriol. mmmmmm
3. Brickskeller is getting better again. They had almost all the beers we ordered. I had the new dogfish head/sierra Nevada collaboration before moving on to girly drinks like apricot beer and pear cider...it turns out that pear cider is delish and i'll be getting that again.
4. We went to the archives and some nerdy guy went up to the guard and asked about the security devices on the declaration and constitution. Turns out the new vault/display cases cost 5 million dollars, and the whole room 20 million dollars, and the guard assured us that if there were a horrible attack on the US that while all the people would be long dead, the documents would be ok.
In summary, it was a non smoking, non mexican food, pear cider high security kinda weekend.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss L'Auriol too :(
Get ready for tourist weekend #2 this weekend!! (ok, not really tourist, but lots of fun stuff with super awesome visitors)
I am down for a Lauriol night
Post a Comment