I made my first attempt at night time photography this weekend. I figure that this city is very beautiful at night, so why not use it as my testing grounds for hopefully some day being really good at night time photography. I packed up my 3 lenses and my tripod and headed out.
I think I learned two tricks to try for next time that didnt occur to me till I got home.
1. use the hood that comes with the lens to block out as much ambient light as possible
2. use the self timer for each picture since clearly the motion of pushing the button is enough to make the images blurry.
Ready to try again!
also this wasnt my best photo from the night, and is a little blurry, but i thought it was one of the more interesting shots
3 comments:
This looks pretty awesome to me! Maybe you can successfully capture the monuments, which I tried to do on countless occasions. They are so amazing at night, esp. WWII.
Nice work on the photos! And nice work on adding a title to the blog :)
I second the compliments on the fanciness of the blog! And I think that's a pretty solid attempt at night photography. It's very pretty. You need to do the stars out here next week!
Post a Comment