Friday, November 6, 2009

Cooking Classes

I figure since mcdonnel won Governor in VA I better take cooking classes, since if he had his way I'll have to quit my job and stay home cooking and cleaning (ok we all know the cleaning will never happen)

We made some AWESOME holiday food
1. Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Tart. This was AWESOME. First off we made individual sized ones so they were cute and little. I also learned how to make the crust and mine actually came out really well! I've tried making this pie before but it tasted nasty, this time i was pleasantly surprised that it was delicious. Clearly i bought a bunch of mini tart pans before I left the store.
2. Cranberry Crumble Tart. The instructor made this while we watched, But I think I could replicate it.
3. Cheddar Scallion Biscuits. Yep its just as delish as it sounds. AND it was super easy so clearly i'm going to make this all the time.
4. Parker House Rolls. Is this even a thing? The instructor says its a boston specialty, but i'm from boston and have never heard of it, plus they were nasty.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that food sounds so yummy,,, lol,,i just learned how to blog...lol