Monday, February 2, 2009

NYC Weekend

We packed a lot of fun into one little weekend.

The highlight of the weekend was sat night. Peter Leslie Sarah and I went to a latin restaurant and had many mojitos and chaiparinas before going to the Thermals show. The show was supposed to be a late show with doors opening at 11, so we got there a little late so we could just walk right in...turns out that was wishful thinking. The show before ours had run late and we got in line with everyone else. At least the place was nice and handed out hot chocolate and cookies, and we finally made it inside by about midnight.

The opening band was only so so, but then the thermals came out and the rocked it. Just as good as i remember :) high energy band with a fun show. I know leslie and i enjoyed it, and I think sarah and peter did as much as you can without knowing a band.

The superbowl last night was also surprisingly fun to watch! I figured i'd root for the cardinals but theyd get shut out and noone would care anyway. Turned into an exciting game with almost a suprise win! I just wish my boys were playing.

0 comments: