Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fingerprints and such

I finally got a full badge for Goddard today (well the sorta full one until my real full one arrives in a week or two). They took THREE pictures of me and finger printed me. Thats where i'm going with this.

Five years ago (maybe 6, i cant remember) when I worked at the DOT I had to be finger printed on my first day of work. They had this "high tech" invisible ink that they used and then baked the paper i put the finger prints on and it showed up, but my fingers stayed clean! Miraculous! The problem was that somehow I have the weakest almost non existent finger prints. I had to let them bake like 3 or 4 sets of my finger prints and nothing showed up on certain fingers. By this time there was too much invisible ink (or so they said, i couldnt see it) to make any proper finger prints and i'd have to come back the next day to continue. I came back the next day and after some work finally got a decent set.

Well today at the badging appointment they attempted to fingerprint me again. I warned them about my wimpy finger prints and they just thought i was ridiculous. They took out their finger printing machine with a green glowing light, the days of invisible ink are over. I got each finger by at least the second try, and while the lady admitted my finger prints were light, they were working. Then came time for the four fingers at a time. This one took 5 or 6 tries. And then the second machine verification of the pointer fingers she actually had to reset the machine because my finger prints werent picking up.

So the moral of the story is that I hope we as a society dont switch over to exclusively finger print security (like that gym in dupont) because I'd fail at life.

One cool thing that i've known since 3rd grade....I have a ying yang in one of my finger prints :) awesome.

1 comments:

LG said...

Peter is to Ultimate Frisbee DVDs as Will is to The Schlobberknocker.