Sunday, April 4, 2010

I didnt realize West Virginia had that reputation

Sat night after a redsox/nats game and new england revolution/dc united game (more on those later) we headed to Banana Cafe for a few drinks with Mike and Tristan. After the drinks we hailed a taxi to go home and talked sports with the driver the entire drive. It was very pleasant and I actually enjoyed the ride and discussion (minus the humorous confusion about why dc united was playing a British team, and that new england wasnt actually IN england).

We made the right turn to our apt as we were wrapping up the conversation about march madness when the driver threw in this Gem "I know that since i live in virginia I should root for the west virginia team, but I cant.." and then in the most happy and singsongy voice he completes his thought "because my son told me they are all gay".

We got out of the cab and looked at eachother, and peter said "he was soooo close [to getting a good tip]"

1 comments:

LG said...

haaaaaaahahaaa. That is so awesome.