Thursday, September 3, 2009

Red Cards make soccer even more fun!

Last night Peter, Allan, and Allan's friend and I went to the DC united vs Seattle Sounders US Open Cup game. Seattle won, but the game was still super exciting, and I'll tell you why.

The game was 0-0 for most of the game, until this one little dude with shaved stripes in his hair scored a goal on us. As he scored he also fell to the ground. Next thing i know he's writhing around in pain. I look to the tv screens to see the replay and it looks like he scored, fell to the ground, then someone running behind him couldn't stop thier momentum and accidentally tromped on him.

The ref then appears with a red card! Ok, i could understand a yellow card, but red??? lets see that replay again.

They showed the replay but this time from a wider frame where you can see where the person who couldn't stop their momentum came from. It turns out that the guy scored the goal, fell down, and then the goalie who is now just standing still decides to take a running jump onto this guy's hand/crotch. Thats just like I always say, jump on their crotch while they are down, and make sure you are wearing cleats!

I will try and find a vid and post it later

0 comments: