Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A very Busy Weekend

On Sat Peter and I took a tour of the white house. It was very brief, but still cool. It would be so much fun to live there. My favorite room was the green room, and I really want the chairs they have in there.

Sat night we went to watch DC united beat the Colorado Rapids. I've been to many soccer games before, but it was peter's first professional one. It was a lot of fun

On Sunday we went with Joe and Kate to Great falls for a picnic and a mini hike. It was beautiful! We even climbed down the gorge to water level (which was super low) and was amazed at how clean the Potomac was! I was the most amazed at the signs that had previous high water levels. They were up above the banks by like 10 feet!!! Crazy. I'd like to go some time after a rain or snow thaw and see the waters rushing. Also it happened to be free park weekend so as we left there was a line of cars waiting to go in maybe 50 cars long. I'm not kidding!

0 comments: