Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jams and Preserves

Last night Puja and I went to one of the sur la table cooking classes and it was awesome! I am so pumped to make more!

* Pickled Okra - These came out really well, but i'm not a huge okra fan. They did suggest putting them in bloody mary's instead of the celery which sounds more than awesome so I'll probably have a party just so we can do that some time

* Bread and Butter Pickels - These were good for bread and butter pickels, but i dont like that type of pickel anyway, i prefer the dill pickels

* Blackberry Jam with Grand Mariner - This was AWESOME. We served it over chocolate ice cream, but as we were eatting it I thought of a million other uses.

* Peach and Vanilla Jam - This one was pretty good, but i dont really like vanilla as much as most people so I probably wont re make this

* Nectarine and Raspberry Jam - This was awesome and i went right home and made it but replaced the raspberry with blueberry.

So what i'm saying is that if you are invited over some time soon its probably b/c i want to try out my new cooking skills on you :)

0 comments: