This weekend Peter and I hung out with Tristan and Mike before they left us for Wisconsin.
First we went to the air show where we all got burnt, but it was a lot of fun to see all the planes. We went into one of the decoy Marine One's and talked with the pilot (another sox fan!), but one of his crew members looked no older than 16! it was crazy! I love the planes, but I really hate their use, and I wish there was a way for these engineering marvels to not be related to the armed forces :(
We then went to the nationals phillies game. All the fans were for the phillies, and I was more or less neutral. I opted for Hard Times Cafe over Ben's Chili bowl, and I decided I think i prefer hard times cafe. It started to sprinkle so I left to go up under the overhang. Just as i got under the cover it started pouring like you wouldnt believe. The teams went running off the field and the grounds crew lept into action! The tarp began to roll out....and then it began to roll back. Yes, thats right, they put the tarp on UPSIDE DOWN and had to flip it, letting the grounds get much more wet. Oh nationals, cant you do anything right?
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment