So I "bought" the new Radiohead CD "in rainbows". As many of you know Radiohead tried something new with this one...they released it themselves with no label simply through thier website...but here is the weird part---they let you pick your price, and anything goes.
Well I decided about 2 weeks before it came out that I was going to pay 5 bucks. Thats reasonable right? I mean i was mainly just supporting the method of distribution so that in the future more bands can do that too.
So I logged onto thier site and added it to my cart. How much do you want to pay? IN EUROS. so i googled conversion and figured if i paid 4 euros that was about what I wanted to pay, updated my order, and added it to the cart. Then i go to check out and it takes forever. finally i get to the checkout screen to enter my information and they have decided for me that I'm paying NOTHING. fine, i'm not complaining. I tried to be good and pay, but they just wont let me. oh well.
The CD is pretty good though. really interesting as usual, and very good for certain moods.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, I got second spot on your links. Very nice. Now if I actually keep posting stuff I might get more visitors...
every article i have read on the new radiohead has the euro disclaimer. cause i guess some people didn't notice and paid a lot more than they bargained for.
stupid euros.
i'm going to get the cd when i get back to town sunday. stoked!
PS- Do you thik Bare!!! is so excited for this album?!?! 1. Because it's Radiohead, and 2. Because they named it after his favorite thing, Rainbows?
i heart rainbows. f u 2. - Bare!!!
Post a Comment