As you all saw I had a sucky end to last week, which actually got worse because I woke up sat to pick Peter up from the hospital (his surgery went well to all that are curious), and found a sticker on my car from a private towing company who had come into our garage and noticed that my registration was expired and said if i did not move my car in 24 hours they were going to tow it. Luckily I had printed my recipt that proved that i was square with the DMV and just waiting for the stickers to arrive in the mail, and the towing company agreed not to tow my car if I left the print out in the window.
Monday morning in the pouring rain I left my apartment to begin the trek to colorado. With the unlucky streak i had, i wasnt looking forward to the inevitable delays etc. To my surprise, not only did we take off on time, but the travel agent had booked me "classic plus" tickets (which on frontier is the closest to 1st class you can get) this meant i could pre-board, and got free food, free tv, and if it hadnt been 8 am free alcoholic beverages (i'm already planning what to get on the return trip!). The man infront of me ordered scotch and the flight attendant laughed at him but brought it anyway.
I landed in denver, and my luggage came pretty quickly and I went outside just in time to catch the AVIS bus before it pulled away. Once at Avis I found out that they had upgraded me to a bigger and nicer car! Which is great since its an hour to Boulder.
Lastly I got to the hotel where I had stayed before (in the crappy side wing with a parking lot view and creepy hallways), and found out i had been upgraded to a supreme king room in the main part of the building with a beautiful view of the mountains!
Lets hope my luck continues and we complete all the work i'm here for today so that I dont have to re-book my flight for tomorrow :) Now the only question remains what to do with my morning tomorrow before my flight if i dont end up having work!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad things are looking up and that Peter is doing well!
Private towing companies should not be out policing car registrations. Is that even legal? In CA the cops can get a $50 ticket for an expired registration but that's not nearly as bad as getting towed.
Post a Comment