Wednesday, February 23, 2011

stop being so creepy williams sonoma

So I've now created a few registries, so I'd say I'm a good person to compare what different companies do. Bloomingdales is great, although it spams me multiple times a day about products i may have overlooked while registering. Crate and Barrel I have no issues with (besides the fact they change the inventory so fast that half the things i registered for no longer exist). This brings us to the creepy williams-sonoma. First off they too spam me at least once a day with "overlooked" products. But the second issue is the one i have a problem with. Sometimes I just search the internet to see what items are out there. For example the other day I was looking for a new spice rack and did a google search. The one at williams sonoma came up and I clicked on it. I had no intention of buying this, and just wanted to see a comparison of products. I guess williams sonoma recognizes my ip address maybe since I have an account. I KNOW i hadnt signed into my registry that day (or in a while for that matter). Anyway, this morning I woke up to an email from Williams sonoma thanking me for my interest in the spice rack and had a "buy me now" button urging me to follow up on this initial google search. Actually Williams Sonoma, I am LESS likely to buy your product now that I know you are so creepy and pushy.

1 comments:

joe said...

That's just effective advertising. Newegg does that sometimes and I'll be like "oh yeah, I was meaning to buy that! Thank you Newegg."

I think it's creepy when things I've shopped for start showing up in facebook ads.