I realize that most of you wont have seen this yet, so I'll try not to spoil anything. although you should have read the book and therefore wont be surprised by anything. We went opening day and patiently waited in line for about an hour and a half, but it was worth it b/c we got the best seats in the theater.
The movie was alright. It wasnt as good as I had hoped, but i had extremely high hopes. Part of the problem was that I did not refresh myself about the story before I went, another problem is that i'm 28 and its aimed to a much younger crowd (alhough they easily could have made it for an older crowd without changing the story), the third problem were the numerous appearances of giant snakes that slithered around and darted out at you taking up the whole screen. I had to close my eyes at some points and have peter tell me when the snake was gone. Indiana Jones and I are much alike in that respect. The last problem was that the middle of the book was very slow and I was kinda bored for a bit while reading it anyway, and thats what is in this movie. I think that the next movie will also enhance this one since it brings closure.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment