Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Lost Symbol

I am currently half way through Dan Brown's new book, the lost symbol. I fully understand that this book isn't "good". The plot isn't unique, the writing style isn't great, and the slow reveal of all the "mysteries" that are really just blatantly obvious statements is moderately condescending. That being said, I cant put the book down! Its a fun quick read that I've enjoyed on the airplanes and at the gym.

Since we all know that this book will be made into a movie (since it was written just for that), I keep trying to picture who will play all of the characters. I dont have any guesses yet.

The other fun thing is that this movie will take place in DC so not only will we see them shooting everywhere, but as I read the book I'm already familiar with the locations. This morning I drove between the capitol and the library of congress and started to see Robert Langdon running around to hide the masonic secrets.

0 comments: