Monday, November 26, 2007

The Wedding

So as I mentioned Puja and "the jeev" got married this weekend. From what I could tell they mixed some hindu and seik traditions since puja is one and the jeev is the other.

Anyway the whole weekend was a big party starting from when I landed on friday. We got bindis and henna friday night and watched a lot of beautiful dances and singing the families all did.

Sat was the big day, us bridesmaids and puja all got ready in her hotel room which was fun, the aunties were all so helpful when it came to pinning us into the saris since obviously i've never worn one before.

Then the jeev arrived on a horse...a white mare as his father corrected me. There was also a fire pit on the alter so that was cool.

The party was fun too b/c Puja's step mom is a star indian dance teacher in maryland so she attempted to teach us some stuff...we ended up looking ridiculous but it was a lot of fun.

I'll post pictures to flickr if you want to see any. Puja looked Gorgeous so I recomend checking out my pictures.

0 comments: